Dr. Suresh Raju is an Associate Professor in the Department of Aerospace Engineering, Wichita State University. Dr. Raju's interests include damage tolerance of sandwich structures, rate sensitivity of composite materials and fatigue of fastener joints. Dr. Raju has been involved with the experimental investigation rate sensitivity of composite materials for crashworthiness applications. Dr. Raju received his B.B. in Mechanical Engineering from Bangalore University, India and PhD in Aerospace Engineering from Wichita State University.
Composite Manufacturing Technology Safety Awareness Badge 1
Students will be provided with composite materials technologies basic knowledge, an overview of different forms of composites manufacturing, various factory workflows and the associated regulatory guidance documents.
Please note: WSU Badge Courses are for non-degree seeking students. Degree seeking students cannot enroll in a badge course. If you are unsure of your student status, please contact us at 316-978-7579 or firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll provide assistance.
Upon completion of the badge students will be able to:
- Recognize the historical applications of composites in the aerospace industry and their contrasting behavior as compared with traditional metals.
- Define the fundamental material constitution of composites and recognize the different forms of the same. Discover the constituents of composites, the product forms and common processing methods.
- Recognize the national regulatory bodies and guidance documents applicable to manufacturing of composite materials and process control.
- Define the role of a manufacturing inspector in assuring safety of composite aircraft components.
- Identify the basic processing steps common within various composite manufacturing processes.
Success in this 0.5 credit hour course is based on the expectation that students will spend, for each unit of credit, a minimum of 7.5 hours over the length of the course in direct instruction as provided by the instructor and an additional 15 hours outside of class reading, reflecting, and evaluating the topics for a total of 22.5 hours.
Grading Scale: Badge/No Badge
Evaluation: 100% completion of badge criteria
This badge is offered for Graduate credit only.
Step 1- Complete the badge form. (Opens in a new tab/window)
Upon receipt of the badge form, a representative from Wichita State University will contact you to assist you with the Admission and Enrollment process.