This badge emphasizes how to successfully edit personal social media accounts to highlight professionalism. Using open educational learning materials, students will learn how to analyze personal social media accounts for unprofessionalism in images and text. Students will also learn about professional social media accounts and how they can be utilized in job searches and for professional networking.
Please note: WSU Badge Courses are for non-degree seeking students. Degree seeking students cannot enroll in a badge course. If you are unsure of your student status, please contact us at 316-978-7579 or firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll provide assistance.
Upon completion of the badge students should be able to:
- Describe the core functions of effective and professional social media accounts.
- Identify persuasive and effective elements of professional social media accounts.
- Analyze and edit personal social media accounts for privacy and professionalism including Twitter and Facebook.
- Analyze the effectiveness and professionalism of LinkedIn accounts of people in the student’s field.
- Develop and/or edit a personal LinkedIn account to include up-to-date information, professional tone, and effective communication of skills.