Natalie Grant received a Bachelor of Arts degree in social work from WSU in 1999. She went on to earn Masters degrees in both Social Work (2000) and Criminal Justice (2005) from WSU. She completed a Doctorate in Educational Leadership also at WSU in 2011. She has worked for the Liberal Arts and Sciences Advising Center and the Cooperative Education program at WSU. In the larger community, Dr. Grant served as a psychiatric social worker/therapist for COMCARE's Community Support Services. She teaches at both the undergraduate and graduate level.
Creative Interventions: Entrepreneurship for the Helping Professions
This badge is designed to introduce students to entrepreneurship concepts and expand students' understanding and awareness of how to connect an entrepreneurial approach to impacting lives of individuals on multiple levels. By blending content in business and other industries, human service professionals are able to view and respond to contemporary economic and social issues in new ways. This course additionally builds support for entrepreneurship education in non-business fields and is one of the course offerings toward the completion of the Creative Social Work Badge.
Upon completion of the badge students will be able to:
- Gain an appreciation and understanding of entrepreneurship as it relates to the helping professions.
- Assess personal leadership skills, entrepreneurial propensity and emotional intelligence.
- Exercise critical thinking by exploring innovative/entrepreneurial practices that can be implemented to address a challenge within the community organizational context.
- Develop and increase self-awareness about personal and professional values and ethics as they relate to entrepreneurship.
- Increase ability to recognize opportunities to impact individuals and communities and utilize those skills to incorporate an entrepreneurial mindset.
Success in this 0.5 credit hour course is based on the expectation that students will spend, for each unit of credit, a minimum of 7.5 hours over the length of the course in direct instruction as provided by the instructor and an additional 15 hours outside of class reading, reflecting, and evaluating the topics for a total of 22.5 hours.
Grading Scale: Badge/No Badge
Evaluation: 100% completion of badge criteria
Contact Hours for Professional Relicensure
Social Workers - This program has been pre-approved by the Kansas Behavioral Sciences Regulatory Board for continuing education for social workers. These course offerings are approved for 7.5 contact hours applicable for relicensure. (BSRB approval #05-001).
|16232||SCWK 411BD||Fall 2017|
This badge is offered for Undergraduate credit only.
Step 1- Complete the badge form.
Upon receipt of the badge form, a representative from Wichita State University will contact you to assist you with the Admission and Enrollment process.