This badge explores how to successfully research and identify grants that apply to your professional career. Using open educational learning materials, students will learn about different resources available to them for grant research. Students will also learn about how to identify the most applicable grants for them or their company. At the conclusion of the course, students will create a grant writing action plan they would potentially like to complete for one of the grants they have identified.
Please note: WSU Badge Courses are for non-degree seeking students. Degree seeking students cannot enroll in a badge course. If you are unsure of your student status, please contact us at 316-978-7579 or email@example.com and we’ll provide assistance.
Upon completion of the badge students will be able to:
- Describe the core functions of a grant and a grant proposal.
- Identify and explore different avenues for grant research at the individual and group level.
- Analyze different types of grants and the information required to potentially receive the grant funding.
- Search grants that are suited towards individual’s professional and academic goals.
- Develop an “action plan” for a grant proposal geared towards a selected grant.