Bio: Gery earned her Ph.D. in Human Resource Management for the University of Central Florida in 2006.
Research: Workplace deviance, employee well-being, and HR practices for small business.
Sample Publications: She has published research in Nonprofit Management and Leadership, Journal of Social Psychology, Entrepreneurship Theory and Practice, Management Research, Journal of Developmental Entrepreneurship, International Journal of Productivity and Performance Management, International Journal of Business Research and Management, Journal of Applied Management and Entrepreneurship, and International Journal of Strategic Management.
Religion at Work
This 0.5 credit hour course will provide students with essential information about core beliefs and traditions of various religions, biases associated with religion, legal and ethical issues, ways religious values and practices can influence functioning in the workplace. Activities in the course will allow students to experience practices and cultures across religions.
1. Describe basic tenants of major or broadly practiced religions.
2. Recognize religious practices and restrictions of major religions.
3. Recognize the potential effect of religious practices on employee functioning and management practices.
4. Recognize cultural conflicts stemming from religious beliefs and practices. |
5. Identify and discuss characteristics of sub-cultures and practices stemming from religious beliefs.
Success in this 0.5 credit hour course is based on the expectation that students will spend a minimum of 22.5 hours over the length of the course for course related activities.
Grading Scale: Badge/No Badge
Evaluation: 100% completion of badge criteria
|17355||HRM 462 BE||Fall 2021|
This badge is offered for Undergraduate credit only.
Step 1- Complete the badge form. (opens in new tab or window)
Upon receipt of the badge form, a representative from Wichita State University will contact you to assist you with the Admission and Enrollment process.