This badge emphasizes how to successfully complete an online presentation. Using open educational learning materials, students will learn prepare presentation materials. Students will also learn about the proper etiquette of online presentations, discuss etiquette with their peers, and ultimately complete a successful online presentation for their instructor.
Upon completion of the badge students should be able to:
- Describe the core functions of an effective online presentation.
- Identify effective presentation materials for an online medium.
- Prepare and edit presentation materials for conciseness, grammar, punctuation, and effective content.
- Identify proper presentation tactics suitable for online presentations.
- Develop and present an online presentation for the instructor over a provided prompt.
Success in this 0.5 credit hour course is based on the expectation that students will spend, for each unit of credit, a minimum of 7.5 hours over the length of the course in direct instruction as provided by the instructor and an additional 15 hours outside of class reading, reflecting, and evaluating the topics for a total of 22.5 hours.
Grading Scale: Badge/No Badge
Evaluation: 100% completion of badge criteria
Michael works as a full-time Instructional Designer for the Media Resources Department and a adjunct instructor for the English department at Wichita State University. He obtained his BA and MA in English Language and Literature at Wichita State University and plans to begin his MFA in Creative Writing in the fall.
Michael has taught both online and face-to-face courses, including English Composition 011, 013, 101, and 102. He has also taught English 210: Business Writing and English 230: Exploring Literature.