Torie Wynn has worked in higher education for three years, first as a Graduate Teaching Assistant (online and face-to-face) and then as the Senior Instructional Designer and English Instructor at Wichita State University. She holds a BA and MA in English Language and Literature from Wichita State University.
Professional Writing Series: Presenting Online
This badge emphasizes how to successfully complete an online presentation. Using open educational learning materials, students will learn prepare presentation materials. Students will also learn about the proper etiquette of online presentations, discuss etiquette with their peers, and ultimately complete a successful online presentation for their instructor.
Upon completion of the badge students should be able to:
- Describe the core functions of an effective online presentation.
- Identify effective presentation materials for an online medium.
- Prepare and edit presentation materials for conciseness, grammar, punctuation, and effective content.
- Identify proper presentation tactics suitable for online presentations.
- Develop and present an online presentation for the instructor over a provided prompt.
Success in this 0.5 credit hour course is based on the expectation that students will spend, for each unit of credit, a minimum of 7.5 hours over the length of the course in direct instruction as provided by the instructor and an additional 15 hours outside of class reading, reflecting, and evaluating the topics for a total of 22.5 hours.
Grading Scale: Badge/No Badge
Evaluation: 100% completion of badge criteria
|17022||ENGL 210BF||Fall 2019|
|33292||ENGL 210BF||Summer 2019|
This badge is offered for Undergraduate credit only.
Step 1- Complete the badge form. (opens in new tab or window)
Upon receipt of the badge form, a representative from Wichita State University will contact you to assist you with the Admission and Enrollment process.