Taylor joined the MRC as an Instructional Designer in June 2015 after completing her BS and MA in Criminal Justice from Wichita State University. Before joining the IDT team, she worked as a Graduate Teaching Assistant for the School of Community Affairs at WSU. There she assisted in the development and implementation of online course documents and assessments for many online Criminal Justice Courses.
Introduction to Criminal Justice: Law Enforcement
This 0.5 credit hour course provides an introduction to criminal justice with an emphasis on law enforcement. Using OER (open educational resource) materials, students will be introduced to the world of law enforcement in the United States; including the history of different agencies, their functions, and the basic foundations of police work. Students will also learn about current issues, trends, and challenges relating to law enforcement and how they impact criminal justice and the United States.
- Identify, define, and properly utilize terminology and concepts associated with criminal justice and law enforcement.
- Summarize the history and functions of United States federal, state, and local law enforcement agencies.
- Explain the process of becoming a law enforcement officer and the different elements of police work.
- Explain and summarize the issues of law & the U.S. Constitution related to law enforcement.
- Summarize the challenges and issues related to law enforcement.
Success in this 0.5 credit hour course is based on the expectation that students will spend, for each unit of credit, a minimum of 7.5 hours over the length of the course in direct instruction as provided by the instructor and an additional 15 hours outside of class reading, reflecting, and evaluating the topics for a total of 22.5 hours.
Grading Scale: Badge/No Badge
Evaluation: 100% completion of badge criteria
|16771||CJ 191BA||Fall 2020|
|32155||CJ 191BA||Summer 2020|
This badge is offered for Undergraduate credit only.
Step 1- Complete the badge form. (opens in new tab or window)
Upon receipt of the badge form, a representative from Wichita State University will contact you to assist you with the Admission and Enrollment process.