Torie Wynn has worked in higher education for three years, first as a Graduate Teaching Assistant (online and face-to-face) and then as the Senior Instructional Designer and English Instructor at Wichita State University. She holds a BA and MA in English Language and Literature from Wichita State University.
Professional Writing Series: Writing for Social Media
This badge emphasizes how to successfully write for various social media mediums. Using open educational learning materials, students will learn how to develop a unique and professional social media tone that is directly applicable to their field of business. Students will also learn about the proper written composition for social media, discuss them, have written social media opportunities, and ultimately produce a professional blog site of their own.
Upon completion of the badge students should be able to:
- Describe the core functions of an effective social media writing.
- Identify persuasive and effective elements of high-quality social media platforms for business.
- Analyze and correct examples of writing for social media for conciseness, grammar, punctuation, and successful content.
- Practice developing professional tone through informal blog assignments.
- Develop a professional blog site that advertises their writing for social media.
Success in this 0.5 credit hour course is based on the expectation that students will spend, for each unit of credit, a minimum of 7.5 hours over the length of the course in direct instruction as provided by the instructor and an additional 15 hours outside of class reading, reflecting, and evaluating the topics for a total of 22.5 hours.
Grading Scale: Badge/No Badge
Evaluation: 100% completion of badge criteria
|26893||ENGL 210BC||Spring 2020|
This badge is offered for Undergraduate credit only.
Step 1- Complete the badge form. (opens in new tab or window)
Upon receipt of the badge form, a representative from Wichita State University will contact you to assist you with the Admission and Enrollment process.