Financial Planning and Management principles are key for all organizations. Understanding these elements are crucial for professionals to assist in keeping organizations financially stable. This badge introduces students to various management concepts, as well as the basic principles of financial planning. Students will be exposed to financial and management tools to learn how they are utilized in all areas of decision making.
Upon successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Describe public health funding mechanisms
- Identify elements of financial statements and how they can be interpreted
- Describe financial analysis methods used in making decisions about policies, programs, and services
- Consider how teams can be effectively utilized to achieve program and organizational goals
- Illustrate ways to improve program performance standards and measures
Success in this 0.5 credit hour course is based on the expectation that students will spend, for each unit of credit, a minimum of 7.5 hours over the length of the course in direct instruction as provided by the instructor and an additional 15 hours outside of class reading, reflecting, and evaluating the topics for a total of 22.5 hours.
Grading Scale: Badge/No Badge
Evaluation: 100% completion of badge criteria
Contact Hours for Professional Relicensure
Nursing: Nurses seeking Continuing Nursing Education (CNE) for a badge course, must submit an Individual Offering Approval (IOA) application to the Kansas State Board of Nursing (KSBN) for official approval PRIOR to renewal of your nursing license. The IOA can be found on www.ksbn.org.
Social Workers: This program has been pre-approved by the Kansas Behavioral Sciences Regulatory Board for continuing education for social workers. These course offerings are approved for 7.5 contact hours applicable for relicensure. (BSRB approval #05-001).