This course provides the essential knowledge of linear systems, aiming at understanding, analyzing, and designing various mechanical engineering systems. The students will learn matrix definition, build, property, and operation as basic engineering mathematical tools, and their practical applications to various mechanical engineering systems. Prerequisite: students must possess basic math skills in algebra before enrolling this course.
Upon successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- To identify engineering linear systems.
- To practice the engineering linear algebra.
- To apply the principles of linear systems to formulate mechanical engineering systems.
- To solve linear systems in order to determine mathematical solutions.
- To critically evaluate obtained mathematical solutions to analyze and design mechanical engineering systems.
Successful completion of this badge is awarded 0.5 online hours of credit. Workload for completion is based on the expectation that students will spend a minimum of 7.5 hours in instruction over the length of the badge and an additional 15 hours on preparation, readings, studying, writing, research and other assignments as determined by the badge instructor. Activities will involve working online, participating in asynchronous activities, and other offline work.
Grading Scale: Badge/No Badge
Evaluation: 100% completion of badge criteria