This badge course will cover the following modules: Individual Service Planning and Self-determination, Providing Positive Behavioral Supports and Principles of Positive Intervention Culture, Unusual Incidents, Major Unusual Incidents and Incident Report Writing, Fundamentals of Effective Documentation and Providing Personal Care with Dignity.
- Be able to develop individual service planning and self-determination
- Be able to provide positive behavioral supports and principles of positive intervention culture
- Describe unusual incidents, major unusual incidents and incident report writing
- Practice fundamentals of effective documentation
- Be able to provide personal care with dignity.
Success in this 1 credit hour course is based on the expectation that students will spend, for each unit of credit, a minimum of 15 hours over the length of the course (normally 1 hour per unit per week with 1 of the hours used for lecture) for instruction and preparation/studying or course related activities for a total of 45 hours.
Grading Scale: Badge/No Badge
Evaluation: 100% completion of badge criteria
As a longtime employee in the field of Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities, Heather's goal is to continue to educate employees, stakeholders, and the greater community about disabilities, to advance the agenda for greater knowledge, better funding, acceptance, and equal treatment.
Currently, Heather works as a training and development specialist for Johnson County Developmental Supports. She is responsible for creating and maintaining training content for both licensing requirements and supplemental training needs.