In this badge, students will learn about what culture is and how it affects businesses. Badge information will include core concepts of overview of cultures, understanding cultural frameworks, and using these frameworks to understand how different aspects of culture affect businesses. Hofstede’s cultural framework will be used to help analyze how cultural dimensions affect businesses and organizations.
Upon completion of the badge students will be able to:
- Describe some of culture’s characteristics
- Explain how culture affects businesses/organizations
- Identify different cultural dimensions using Hofstede’s framework
- Analyze country cultures using Hofstede
- Explain how cultural differences across countries could translate into different business practices
Success in this 0.5 credit hour course is based on the expectation that students will spend, for each unit of credit, a minimum of 7.5 hours over the length of the course in direct instruction as provided by the instructor and an additional 15 hours outside of class reading, reflecting, and evaluating the topics for a total of 22.5 hours.
Grading Scale: Badge/No Badge
Evaluation: 100% completion of badge criteria