In this badge, students will learn about effective approaches to attracting potential employees and generating large pool of applicants. Badge information will include core concepts of employee recruitment, internal and external sources of recruitment, and various methods to reach potential employees. Much emphasis will be placed on online recruitment and effective use of social media. Badge activities will engage students in designing recruitment strategies.
Upon completion of the badge students will be able to:
- Define recruitment and recruitment strategy.
- Identify external recruiting sources such as colleges, professional associations, etc.
- Identify internal sources for recruiting such as promotions, relocations and issues associated with them.
- Differentiate between internal and external recruitment. Identify the benefits of internal and external recruitment.
- Outline effective ways to use online recruiting, the role of social media, and the impact of recruiters.
- Design recruitment strategy.
Success in this 0.5 credit hour course is based on the expectation that students will spend, for each unit of credit, a minimum of 7.5 hours over the length of the course in direct instruction as provided by the instructor and an additional 15 hours outside of class reading, reflecting, and evaluating the topics for a total of 22.5 hours.
Grading Scale: Badge/No Badge
Evaluation: 100% completion of badge criteria
Bio: Gery earned her Ph.D. in Human Resource Management for the University of Central Florida in 2006.
Research: Workplace deviance, employee well-being, and HR practices for small business.
Sample Publications: She has published research in Nonprofit Management and Leadership, Journal of Social Psychology, Entrepreneurship Theory and Practice, Management Research, Journal of Developmental Entrepreneurship, International Journal of Productivity and Performance Management, International Journal of Business Research and Management, Journal of Applied Management and Entrepreneurship, and International Journal of Strategic Management.