WSU 101: College 101
WSU 101: College 101 is an online badge course designed to help high school students prepare for college and begin working on college skills for the classroom including writing, time management and becoming an online learner.
Upon completion of this badge, students will be able to
- Explore personal reasons and for wanting to attend college.
- Practice time management and college-level writing skills.
- Define and identify types of colleges, college lingo and college resources.
- Demonstrate how to use WSU’s learning management system, Blackboard.
- Develop effective online learning skills and a positive digital identity.
Success in this 0.5 credit hour course is based on the expectation that students will spend, for each unit of credit, a minimum of 7.5 hours over the length of the course in direct instruction as provided by the instructor and an additional 15 hours outside of class reading, reflecting, and evaluating the topics for a total of 22.5 hours.
Participation and success in this course depends on the ability to successfully manage time and priorities. All activities and assignments in this class will be completed and submitted online through Blackboard and will consist of reflection papers, written assignments, discussion boards.
Grading Scale: Badge/No Badge
Evaluation: 100% completion of badge criteria
|26887||WSUA 101BA||Spring 2020|
This badge is offered for Undergraduate credit only.
Step 1- Complete the badge form. (opens in new tab or window)
Upon receipt of the badge form, a representative from Wichita State University will contact you to assist you with the Admission and Enrollment process.